The Long Paddock by Darren Stones


Sunday 13 September 2009

About Darren Stones

By Darren Stones

Welcome. My journalism and photography interests focus on Australian travel, people, places, festivals, events, flora and fauna.

My work has been purchased by national and international clients, published in various publications, published online, and is on permanent display at the Melbourne Museum as part of The Melbourne Story.

I am a member of the Media, Entertainment and Arts Alliance which encompasses the Australian Journalists Association. My professional listing with the Alliance can be viewed here: http://www.alliance.org.au/freelancers/Owner/3009837/1/

I have won numerous awards for my Australian travel photography.

Professional qualifications:

2009 Professional Freelance Journalism - Cengage Education
2007 Freelance Photography - Cengage Education
2007 Freelance Travel Writing & Photography - Cengage Education

For more information about me, see my website:
http://dgstonesphotography.blogspot.com/



Darren Stones IMG_0484_Darren_Stones_Grenfell_2008_Award
Darren Stones
2008 Grenfell Henry Lawson Festival of Arts
Bronze statuette winner for photography



Artists's statement:

"My Australian travel photography and writing is a culmination of various factors – some planned, some not so planned. At times, the critical photographic moment presents itself unexpectedly in front of my eyes. Years of professional photography and journalism studies, and actively undertaking and completing projects in the field, has delivered me to a point where I have a perception of knowing where to be and at what time.

I travel in Australia and work diligently to record things of interest. I cherish experiencing Australia and make my own luck by doing things to the best of my ability. My occupation is to skilfully interpret and present to an audience what’s happening in Australia with a combination of travel photography and writing. The journey and work continues with vigour."



No comments: